Thursday, July 05, 2007

Honor's Assembly @ Miriam College


June 28, 2007 at 7:00 AM, I was in a hurry to get to Miriam College in Katipunan for the Grade Six Honor's Assembly.

Two & a half weeks before the event, I was already planning my business meetings in Jakarta to be scheduled on the last week of June when I received Chanel's SMS.

" ma, honor's assembly on june 28. same time"

Oh yeah. The honor's assembly. It has been an annual event for Chanel since she started in Miriam. Every year she receive awards for Academic Excellence and/or Club Awards. This time she gets an award for Academic Excellence (Grade 5) and for her Lawn Tennis Club.

And I know, I'm not allowed to miss it.

So I re-scheduled my Jakarta meetings on the first week of July to be there for Chanel.
Chanel Christensen, my 12 year old sweetheart #2 has always been making our family proud with her achievements in school. A natural leader, smart and almost what parents would wish their daughter to be. But I shall attribute Chanel's character on the way she is being reared by Mommy Arlene, Mama Nitz and her solid ally, her Lolo Arman. Mommy Arlene sees to it that she is ever diligent in her studies. Mama Nitz always has to remind her how a girl should move or speak.


And me, I only like to be a very good friend and mom to her.


She is one that I value most... Along with the rest of my children - Pumkin, CZ and Anja. I am happy to see how my kids are doing. And I pray that they grow up to be how they are being molded now.

For what they would become will be the measure of my success.

No comments: