Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Am Your Child And I Need You Badly


Originally uploaded by Spiegelbild

Please look at me carefully the next time you see me.
Please notice that I am small and weak.
Please listen to me carefully the next time you see me.
Please notice that I don't know much.
Like you, I was born helpless and growing up so I can take care of myself will take a long time too.
I need food.
I need rest.
I need to be kept clean.
I need to be be warm in winter and cool in summer.
I need to feel your skin against my skin.
I need you to help heal my hurts.
I need to play with - just so you and I have some time together.
I need you to teach me everything you can teach so I'll have a chance
in this world when I grow up.
I need your patience, I know I am not very orderly.
I cry out for things like food and attention the second I need them.
I can't help and I know that bothers you sometimes.
All I can hope is that you will be patient with me until I can learn
to be patient too.
Above all, I need to know that you love me, even if your parents give
you no love, try to give a little to me so I can give a little to my
children and they can give a little to their children.
I need so much from you, yet I have only one thing I can give you in
return.
That is -- my love.
Today, tomorrow and as long as I live.

-adapted-

*******************************************************************************

I was cleaning up my things when I came across a folded paper with my handwriting on it. No, I am not the author of the above but I also cannot remember where I copied it. As far as my memory serves me right, this was about 1997.

This article is for the children whose parents may have yet to realize the responsibility of parenthood and for the people who are planning to have their own family soon.

No comments: