Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Azta Adventure

I've been contemplating for some time on what to do with my hair. I let it grow so long but it's getting unmanageable. And it's too time consuming to iron my hair every morning not to forget it also causes damage on your tresses. Cut it short? No, I can't cut my hair. Not that I am like Samson who loses power when you cut the hair. It's just that my own dear Samson prefers my hair long like Dyesebel's.

I can't cut short but I thought I can perm it. Hmmmmm... DIGIPERM! I went to surf in the forums for reviews and recommendations on where to have one.

After deliberating between 3 salons, I chose AZTA SALON in Katipunan. I called them up for an appointment the following day.

My daughter Pumkin went with me since she has been planning to have a new hairstyle. She even have photos of the hairstyle she like on her phone so she can show to the stylist.

She wanted the short Rihanna hair. Mody, the stylist asked Pumkin if she was really decided to chop her hair that short. Of course Pumkin was.

As for me, I only had to tell them 2 things. First, I want a nice looking digiperm and second, they should only cut maximum an inch of my hair to make the form.


Having the hot rollers on my head for hours was a difficult thing. It was heavy and I can't just move. I even have to ask the help of Ryu, the salon assistant to help me when I stand as I am not allowed to sit for 2 hrs straight because of my spine operation.


Pumkin finished first. Here's the before and after photos :



BEFORE



AFTER


After 5 hours at the salon, we went home happy and satisfied with our new hairstyle.



Digiperm @ Day 2


Both Pumkin and I received good comments about our hair that made us glad we had this salon adventure.


Shall I recommend Azta? Definitely !


Here are the details:


Azta Urban Salon
Katipunan Ave. (Front of Miriam College)
Telephone: 434-6733
Look for Mody (Stylist) and Ryu (Assistant )
http://aztaurbansalon.multiply.com/

No comments: