Saturday, April 11, 2009

Downgrade, Upgrade

My recent ire because of dissatisfaction on my Asus notebook had me thinking of getting another notebook. I was torn between a Mac and going back to good old Compaq.

There was one consideration I had to make before deciding.

I was at the same time replacing my Dopod C800 with the very handsome HTC Touch Pro.

My question was, can I sync my HTC Touch Pro with a Mac?

Nobody can give me the straight answer. Or at least the answer that I like to hear.

I sync quite a lot of data from my mobile phone to my notebook and vice-versa so this matter was quite important to me.

I always had this fear of losing data so I make all the necessary back up possible in the ways I know and convenient for me as well.

And so, since I am firm on HTC Touch Pro, I got this reasonably-priced Compaq Presario CQ20.



Getting this Compaq CQ20 is actually a form of a downgrade on the processor. From my Asus U6 Core Duo to this Dual Core Processor Compaq. It's not much difference for me so I guess this is ok. Another reason for gettting this Compaq was the weight consideration. This was the lightest notebook I could find with the features I want. It weighs 1.68 kgs. Weight is really important to me as I can no longer carry anything heavy which will be detrimental for my back.

I was so excited to get hold of this HTC Touch Pro. It's been in my wish list for quite some time now and finally a good offer had finally brought it into my hands.



There are a lot of smartphones in the market but none could really meet my needs except for this Windows Mobile 6 .1 operated phone. This phone answers all my communication mobility requirements. What's more, I get amused with the TouchFLO™ 3D navigation control. I just like the flipping ! :D



"Touch" is the latest craze today. But I don't have the patience for it. Prior to this phone, I got this 16Gb iPhone which I used for a couple of days and then gave it to my teenage daughter to use. I can't stand sending sms touching the small letters on the screen. HTC Touch Pro has the qwerty keyboard I am so used to and sending messages is a breeze for me. :)

The HTC Touch Pro is actually an upgraded version of my Dopod C800 with the changes mainly on the looks and the upgraded operating system version.

Read more here: HTC Touch Pro

No comments: