10 January 2009 (Saturday) STC vs. Sienna College
We picked up our lunch at the McDonalds drive-thru around 11:30 AM. Anja was happy to have her french fries while Pumkin, Mama and me have to do with our quick lunch of Filet-O-Fish, Chicken Nuggets and Pineapple Juice. Pumkin's game was starting anytime soon so she didn't really eat her lunch as she has to start with her team for the warm up.
STC played against Sienna College for this QCAA Game at Tivoli Royale Clubhouse in Quezon City.
The STC belles really played good but then the Sienna girls also did not easily give up the game just like that. They did put up quite a fight. Eventually, the Theresians emerged victorious.
I thought I brought with me a cheerleader but Anja on the side was busy with her own world. She looked at the game every now and then but she was more interested playing outside on a slide.
Pumkin played good with her service all coming in and setting the ball well for the spikers. I know she felt good on that game. :)
11 January 2009 (Sunday) Women's Volleyball League
Pumkin woke me up at 6:00AM to drive her to Xavier School in Greenhills, San Juan. It's the opening of the Women's Volleyball League games organized by Milo. And she can't be late.
I only dropped her off as I need to hurry back home to prepare Anja for a 9:00 AM birthday party of her playmate. Pumkin asked me to come back and watch their first game at 1:00 PM. I said I will try but I wasn't promising.
It was a busy Sunday so it was impossible for me to come back to Xavier to watch their game against St. Scholastica.
Late afternoon, Pumkin came home with a face you can't draw. They lost their first game , everyone was playing bad and their coach was very unhappy with their performance. Everything seemed wrong at that time. And here's a thing -- I got a complain from Pumkin for not coming back to watch the game.
Huh? Losing their game shouldn't be my fault but why me?
Well at least for her, my presence was important. She likes that I watch her play. She gets inspired so she says.
Now that's music to my ears. I got to know that I am not a pressure for her but an inspiration. I am always careful with how I deal with my kids when it comes to the things they do. Pumkin knows that she doesn't have to be the very best volleyball player. She plays because she enjoys it. She doesn't have to be pressured with high expectations.
After all, its just a game. You know .... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
No comments:
Post a Comment