Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lunch At Dulcinea, Dessert At Fleur de Lys


17 January 2008 (Saturday) - I tried hard to pull myself out of the bed. Today is hectic, I thought as I ran the schedule in my head. I hurriedly prepared myself. I can't afford to lose time. I have to be in Claret School the earliest possible. When it's Card Day in Claret, traffic is quite unbearable for me.


By 8:45AM, I got CZ's card and I'm excited to be on my next schedule ... brunch date with my LaCo classmates -- Maita, Nikki (with Emps) and Irene. Nikki advised us weeks ahead that she'll be coming home and the date was actually set by Maita. It was then Irene happened to be in town and I was happy to know that she'll be joining us.



(L-R) Herschelle, Irene, Empoy, Nikki and Maita


We had lunch at Dulcinea along Tomas Morato. Maita was complaining "Baket hindi bottomless ang coffee?" She was coming from her night shift and she badly needed the caffeine to keep her eyes open. A couple of hours passed, clean plates in front of us -- lunch done and what's next? Dessert of course!


We agreed to look for another place to have dessert. And we thought to try this small homey coffee shop beside Belo Medical called FLEUR DE LYS. Each of us ordered different heavenly cakes. I also liked their floral flavored tea that I ordered with my cheesecake.



The day was fun-filled with all those reminiscing of our grade school memories - - - the days when Irene and I walked home everyday; the songs we sang in Music class; the Owl and the Pussycat; Trees by Joyce Kilmer, Lawrence Gange singing Solid, Liquid and Gas for a Science project, our Field Demo dances, our Mga Yagit cheering squad. . . so many many nice and funny memories. We were even amused to realized that during our grade school days, we could recite the Perpetual Help Novena even without the booklet!


So many things to talk about but so little time. I have a scheduled photoshoot back in our village clubhouse with 100UP and I need to be there to assist with the things they might need.


And so by 4:00 PM, the reunion ended with one last photo shot in front of Fleur de Lys.



More photos here:


2009 LACO FRIENDS LUNCH AT DULCINEA


2009 LACO FRIENDS AT FLEUR DE LYS


No comments: