I came across this full page advertisement in a magazine about this Linksys NAS200 and its features had me noting it on my "To buy" list.
And just a couple of days, I was at my favorite computer store Complink at SM City Car Park to buy some items for the office and thought of checking the NAS200. Uh well, I decided to purchase it together with one 500GB Seagate SATA Hard Drive. Though this NAS200 has 2 bays for the hard drives, my budget can only accommodate 1 hard drive and probably install the 2nd hard sometime soon.
So what made me take this storage? Read on as it might also interest you.
Linksys NAS 200

Package Contents:
- Network Storage System with 2 Bays (Hard Drives not included)
- Set up CD-ROM
- User Guide on CD-ROM
- Quick Installation
- Ethernet Network Cable
- Power Adapter with Power Cord
Minimum Requirements:
- Windows 2000, XP or Vista
- CD-ROM Drive
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or Firefox 1.0
- Network Adapter
Features:
- Ethernet connected network storage with 2 available SATA hard drive bays add shared storage directly to your network.
- More storage with 2.0 ports for hard drives or flash USB storage devices
- Securely share files locally or through the internet (FTP,HTTP) with no dedicated PC needed.
- Advanced backup software included
- Built-in media server for streaming to PC or UPnP AV digital media adapter.
The set up is a breeze. You don't really need to be such a tech geek to be able to get this working. Just follow the instructions on the CD that came with it.
Now it is easier for me to share photos and music to family and close friends by merely giving them access to my network. It saves me time than sending it via email when they ask for copies.
At home, everybody access the music in one source and save my CDs from scratches or getting misplaced. And my kids can have their PC's space all for their own files and they need not copy photo files and music when they can access our media library on the network. I plan to hook my NAS200 to my home theatre system as well. But it will still take some time as I am still halfway saving for my home entertainment set up.
The cost of the NAS set up is reasonable for home use. It serves its purpose for me though I haven't seen the downside of it yet, I'm happy. The reviews of the product are not as great due to issue of transfer speed, I still have to find that out for myself.
By then, I'll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment