Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine Thoughts

Ahhh... Valentine's Day. It's the day of love.

Of flowers and chocolates.

Of dinner dates and gifts.

Of greeting cards and discount cards.

Ooops.

Well, it's the opportunity to say "I love you!" or express the emotion that some people have difficulty dealing with that they need such a day to do it.

Hey, I would not like to start sounding antagonistic over this special day. I am not ranting here just because I wasn't dating or I never receive gifts for the occasion?

In fact, I would like to rave that for us, everyday is Valentine's Day.

Yup! My day is filled with love from all the people who completes me. Each day is always special the fact that I am spending it with them. No need for anything fancy. Simple gestures and kind words would suffice. Hugs and kisses make them extra special.

But on Valentine's Day when my kids would prepare me a surprise, it's more like New Year's eve than Valentine's Day as I feel fireworks inside me.

No comments: