Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Alex & Ilene = Mr. & Mrs. Papa

Yeah I know. Nice photo. Great make up and hair do. So what's the occasion? Why am I all dolled up?


Well, a couple who is very close to me has finally decided to tie the knot and call it for life , till death do them part. It took them six years and two kids to finally realize they have nowhere to go except towards the altar . He he he.


That's Alex and Ilene. Mr. & Mrs. Papa.



The wedding was held in the afternoon of November 30 at the San Roque Parish Church in Kalookan. (I have fond memories of that church which is just adjacent to La Consolacion School where I attended my elementary days.)


The ceremony was really very simple. Just like a civil wedding but it was officiated by the priest instead of a judge. It was attended by close family members and friends. I attended with my son Zakery.

Ilene had her entourage from flower girl , ring bearer, secondary sponsors and principal sponsors.

Now here goes: I am one of the principal sponsors ! A "ninang" how we call it.

Yep, yep! At age 33, I am already a "Ninang" to this young couple. I know I'm quite young to be one but I just can't refuse them.

I was there when they were just starting as a boyfriend/girlfriend. I was there when they started to live together and have their family. I was a witness not only on the joys but also on the pain they have gone through.

Alex is like a brother to me. And making such decision to enter the binding commitment made me feel proud of him for being able to face life strong, full of hope and determined.

Ilene has learned through the years how a family life is. I admire her patience in taking care of her kids full time. I envy her somehow that she is living the kind of life I used to dream. Just a plain housewife looking after her family.

Alex and Ilene were there for me during my dark ages. They were there when I needed some company. And they never left me as well. So you see, how can I refuse such request to be a "Ninang" to them?

So, to Alex and Ilene, I pray that the heavens shower upon you the blessings of a happy couple enriched by the presence of your loving kids. May you continue the journey that you have started with stronger bonds, firmer beliefs, more hope and most importantly having God in the center of your life.

And as I always tell you : Andito lang ako. Just here.

No comments: