Sunday, February 22, 2009

Together Forever It’s The Real Thing!

Together Forever, It's The Real Thing --- The USTHS Grand Alumni Homecoming 2009 held last February 21,2009 at the UST High School Building.

The event was organized by the UST High School Alumni Association with Ms. Leebai Esquivias-Gamboa, current Vice President of USTAAI coordinating the batches.



I tried to invite as much as I can from the 1991 Batch. The response was not as favorable but there were those who said they will attend. And the ones who made it : ROSALIA HIPOLITO, ROMEL BUNAGAN, ZAYRA CARREON, YVETTE BRAWNER, JOY PACQUING and me.



The event started with a Thanksgiving Mass at the UST Chapel at 5:15pm. Registration was opened at 6PM. A special presentation from the USTHS Glee Club and the Cultural Dance Troupe was held at the newly refurbished Auditorium followed by a show at the Roof Deck above the Cafeteria. (Read a related article THE UST HIGH SCHOOL GRAND ALUMNI HOMECOMING)


On a personal note, I was happy to see our teachers and some of old acquaintances. Among the teachers I've seen were Ms. Manapat (Economics); Ms. Casas (English), Mrs. Gregorio (Chemistry), Ms. Brion (Computer), Mrs. Fernandez (Asst. Principal PM Session), Mrs. Vitug (411G Adviser) and of course Ms. Cruz (Filipino).



Me & Ms. Cruz, our Filipino Teacher


Enrique Reyes (a.k.a. Iking) -- Danette's cousin who was our Junior kept me company the entire affair. Iking by the way is taking up a Doctorate degree in Business Adminstration at De La Salle College. Impressive isn't it? I've met a couple of old acquaintances -- Joel Villanueva , now an Honorable member of the Congress representing CIBAC Party List. I wouln't even believe it. I thought it was a joke until he handed me his calling card. Ha ha ha . How embarassing! Alex Suarez who used to be my jeepmate going home is now a State Prosecutor. Funny how time flew. They were just my juniors before. Those boys :)



Iking and I had a few minutes to look around the building where we spent four best years of our life. Let's bring back some memories ...



The Hallway -- during breaks you'll see girls and boy loitering -- running around ---chatting.



Spent most of the days in my Senior year in this room


I was glad I attended the event. I just wished that there were more of the Batch 1991 present. Maybe next time.


I've missed high school. That was the best part of my student life.


Really.


Some more photos here : USTHS GRAND REUNION 2009


No comments: