Effective date is set on my 34th year.
As the song from Ambisyoso of Kamikazee goes
“Libre lang mangarap
Walang hanggan na pag-hiling
Libre lang mangarap
Managinip ka habang gising”
(Side note: This song was my son CZ’s favorite for sometime. He kept on playing this song over and over and over and over again while he plays computer games. Just this song. The above lyrics sort of stuck into my mind. Parang sirang plaka.)
So I made me quite a long list.
With the numerous items on the list, I am positive I would be crossing out one.
At least. I hope.
I would like to share with you some of these things I listed down.
START THE DAY EARLY --- WAKE UP AT 6:00 AM
This is quite hard for me but I realize to be able to finish my daily tasks or have ample time to do everything I need to do, I have to wake up early and start early. But you know it’s really nice to stay in bed up to 8:00 AM :(
WORK ON MY TARGET WEIGHT
He he he. I don’t think I’m the only one who is working on this right now. Though I have started on it and had a 13-lbs. loss already, at the moment, my weight went plateau after a couple of yo-yoing. But I’m 13 lbs. and a big abdominal bulge away from my target. Sometimes, I am already tempted to have these fats sucked out. My pocket wouldn’t let it.
READ THE BOOKS THAT I BOUGHT
I just love books. Even way back in my school days, I’m a frequent borrower in the library. I can spend my whole day in Kinokuniya browsing on books. I can immerse myself and get lost on those thousands of books surrounding me. That’s kind of a heaven for me.
Events took over my life and I cannot find the time to read a single book.
Now I have to start reading again. At least one book a month. Hi hi hi.
Better than nothing.
(Side note: This song was my son CZ’s favorite for sometime. He kept on playing this song over and over and over and over again while he plays computer games. Just this song. The above lyrics sort of stuck into my mind. Parang sirang plaka.)
So I made me quite a long list.
With the numerous items on the list, I am positive I would be crossing out one.
At least. I hope.
I would like to share with you some of these things I listed down.
START THE DAY EARLY --- WAKE UP AT 6:00 AM
This is quite hard for me but I realize to be able to finish my daily tasks or have ample time to do everything I need to do, I have to wake up early and start early. But you know it’s really nice to stay in bed up to 8:00 AM :(
WORK ON MY TARGET WEIGHT
He he he. I don’t think I’m the only one who is working on this right now. Though I have started on it and had a 13-lbs. loss already, at the moment, my weight went plateau after a couple of yo-yoing. But I’m 13 lbs. and a big abdominal bulge away from my target. Sometimes, I am already tempted to have these fats sucked out. My pocket wouldn’t let it.
READ THE BOOKS THAT I BOUGHT
I just love books. Even way back in my school days, I’m a frequent borrower in the library. I can spend my whole day in Kinokuniya browsing on books. I can immerse myself and get lost on those thousands of books surrounding me. That’s kind of a heaven for me.
Events took over my life and I cannot find the time to read a single book.
Now I have to start reading again. At least one book a month. Hi hi hi.
Better than nothing.
BETTER TIME MANAGEMENT
I made me a sample of a typical week schedule as a guide. I scatter my energy sometimes doing less important things and neglecting some duties.
I decided to cross out the weekends as time for my kids and house works.
Work stops at 9:00 PM and I should be in my room by 10:00 PM.
I am hoping to have Friday night as time with friends for chit chat over dinner or coffee.
CONTROL EXPENDITURES
I recorded my 2007 expenses and I was surprised to see how much I spent for certain things which were really unnecessary. Now I veer away from the shopping mall. I am learning to buy only what is needed. No extras. And for the past two months of 2008, I was successful in cutting down my utility bills. I was surprised about my last water bill which was slashed 50% from the usual amount. I don’t know how it happened. No, we didn’t stop washing our clothes or just had a once a week bath. It just happened.
LOOK AND FEEL BEAUTIFUL
Yeah. I have to do this. At least to make myself get used to dressing up a little and not going to the mall when you’re looking like you’re going to the wet market. No wonder the sales ladies wouldn’t mind me as much. They may be even thinking I was Anja’s nanny. Even when traveling , I wear clothes I am most comfortable with. Especially when traveling within Asia, I go for jeans, shirt and flip flops. Yes, I look more like Inday going on a contract than a Consultant on a business trip.
IMPROVE PHOTOGRAPHY
I have been shooting for more than 2 years I think. I feel like my photos were not improving. So I better work on this. LEARN PHOTOSHOP! He he he
LEARN GERMAN
I don’t think I need to explain this further. Ja?
BUY A VAN
I wish I can save enough to buy a nice van for us. We are more like corned beef inside my CRV with 10 people inside.
REGULARLY BLOG
Practice makes perfect so I have to make this effort to better my writing.
I allotted a specific time for this activity of mine.
There are other things but I guess the above are enough for sharing. I shall embark on those beginning my 34th year and let us assess next year. I know what I listed are achievable. But you know it is always me who has the difficulty. It takes real determination. But sometimes I really slack on it
Another chapter of my life opens and I shall receive with open arms the events destined for me.
I only pray that I remain strong in faith, hope and in love.
To the One who makes all things possible : thank you for giving me another year and I hope to say this again next year.
Another chapter of my life opens and I shall receive with open arms the events destined for me.
I only pray that I remain strong in faith, hope and in love.
To the One who makes all things possible : thank you for giving me another year and I hope to say this again next year.
(Thanks to my neighbor Emma for the cake )
No comments:
Post a Comment