Friday, December 28, 2007

My Starbucks Affair

I am a self-confessed Starbucks addict. No, it's not just the coffee.


Though I especially long for the Toffee Nut Latte and I have to wait for the Christmas season here in Manila to be able to take that sip.


Blame it on Joanne who have introduced this Toffee Nut during my visit to Los Angeles a couple of years ago.

I just love Starbucks. And I don't exactly know why. Like I said, it's an addiction.
I had it once and I'm hooked.


I collect Starbucks City Mug.

It was in 2005 when a friend asked me get him one when I was travelling to Kuala Lumpur.

And I asked him for what he needs it. He said he just collects Starbucks City Mug from wherever he can get them. It's his collection.

So when I got to Kuala Lumpur, I went to get one for him.
And for me too.
I thought it's a nice thing to collect since I get to places and I guess it's better than buying souvenirs that's collecting dust in a corner later on.

Kuala Lumpur is my very first Starbucks City Mug.

On my succeeding trips, the first thing I found myself doing is looking for a Starbucks coffee shop to get my Starbucks City Mug.

Yeah.
To date, I have the following in my collection :

Kuala Lumpur Singapore Hongkong Manila Cebu Seoul Taipei Shanghai Jakarta Istanbul Hamburg Amsterdam ( The most expensive of them all ! ) Jordan Qatar Saudi Arabia Oman Kuwait Bahrain Lebanon Los Angeles Chicago

......... and still counting.

I also collect demitasse , special editions and whatever I feel like should belong to my Starbucks Collection.
Just last week I finally got the Starbucks 2008 planner.
Yes. After taking 24 cups of coffee just to be able to get it quick.
My kids helped me .
I was buying them their favorite Choco Java Chip.

Though this year's planner isn't as great looking even with the leather cover.
Yet I was so excited to get hold of it.
Funny it came with a pencil instead of a pen.
But then it gave me an idea to doodle my everyday events too.
So my planner is just like my blog.
It comes with pictures too.

But only that I alone can understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see a fellow Starbucks City Mug collector! :D

eva said...

hi there! yeah its great to see fellow starbucks city mug collertor.